Sori Yanagi Stainless Steel Kettle
Made in Niigata, Japan almost entirely by hand, this matte-finished stainless steel kettle is lightweight, durable, and designed for rapid boiling. Winner of the Good Design Award in 1998, this modern kettle is one of Yanagi’s best-selling products, with over 1 million sold in Japan annually since its debut in the 1960s.
Sori Yanagi's kitchen product series began with an extensive line of cutlery in 1974, and has since expanded to include pots, pans, kettles, colanders, bowls, knives, utensils and cast iron grills. Yanagi's designs nurture simplicity and seek out small ideas with big impact. A legendary master of industrial design, Yanagi is considered to be one of Japan's most influential product designers and leader of the country's industrial post-war design movement.
9.5W" x 7.5D" x 8H"
2.5 liters (capacity)
10-8 stainless steel (pot), phenol resin (handle)
- Compatible with gas stove and induction
- Fill the kettle at least halfway, up to 3/4 full, when placed on heat. Never put kettle on a heat source empty or with very little water. It will damage the kettle.
- The kettle does not have a whistle, but boils water rapidly, so do not leave it unattended. You can tell when the water is boiling by observing the steam that comes out of the spout and airholes at the top of the kettle lid. Turn off the stove when the water reaches its boiling point. Do not leave the kettle boiling for a long time as it may cause damage.
- Do not expose the resin handle or knob directly to the heat or flame as it will cause the resin to melt or become damaged. Always leave the curved top handle standing upright when the kettle is on heat. Do not have the handle down as it may expose it to damaging heat.
- Dishwasher safe and hand-wash safe. Do not scrub the surface with anything abrasive.