Sori Yanagi Stainless Steel Kettle
Made in Niigata, Japan almost entirely by hand, this stainless steel kettle is lightweight, durable, and designed for rapid boiling. Winner of the Good Design Award in 1998, this modern kettle is one of Yanagi’s best-selling products, with over 1 million sold every year in Japan since its 1960's debut.
Matte-finished stainless steel
Sori Yanagi's kitchen product series began with an extensive line of cutlery in 1974, and has since expanded to include pots, pans, kettles, colanders, bowls, knives, utensils and cast iron grills. Yanagi's design concept nurtures simplicity and the seeking out of small ideas that affect in big ways. Often listed amongst legendary masters of industrial design like Charles and Ray Eames and Arnie Jacobsen, Yanagi is considered to be one of Japan's most influential product designers and leader of the Industrial post-war design movement in Japan.
2.5 liters (capacity)
9.5W" x 7.5D" x 8H"
10-8 stainless steel (Pot)
Phenol resin (Handle)
- Compatable with gas stove, but not induction
- Fill the kettle at least halfway, up to 3/4 full, when placed on heat. Never put kettle on heat source empty or with very little water, or it will damage the kettle.
- The kettle does not have a whistle, but boils water rapidly, so do not leave unattended. You can tell when the water is boiling by observing the steam that comes out of the spout and air-holes at the top of the kettle lid. Turn off stove when water is boiling; do not leave kettle boiling for a long time or it may cause damage.
- Do not expose the resin handle or knob directly to heat or flame or it will cause the resin to melt or become damaged. Always have the curved top handle standing upright when the kettle is on heat - do not have the handle knocked down, or it may be exposed to damaging heat.
- Dishwasher safe and hand-wash safe. Do not scrub surface with anything abrasive.
Return Policy / Shipping Policy:
Returns must be made within 2 weeks in original, unused condition with all packaging for either 1. Store credit for the full amount or 2. Refund - minus a 20% restocking fee. Tortoise does not cover the cost of return shipping or the cost of re-shipping an exchange, and the cost of shipping for returns and exchanges is the responsibility of the customer.